I have been working a little on the water woman. Sadly, time to work is sparse. Oh well….
I was able to solve my little problem of how to attach the tail to Dawns’ torso without harming the body, but also allowing the stand pole to hold her securely. I created a brass wire sort of donut that I then sewed to the inner tail structure. I then carefully, but forcefully, installed the donut into her torso. It’s a snug fit, which is a very good thing! It is not coming out again without some serious effort. The tail portion can turn for posing opportunities! I’m quite happy to have solved this quandary :o)
Here are some visuals…
Then I compressed the ring into an ovoid to better fit through her torso opening and to prevent too much unwanted turning of her tail.
After sewing it to the tail I inserted the ring into her torso….
Next, with the tail overlay….and a head!
Having assembled her though I noticed a couple of things that I didn’t like!
Dang! I hate it when that happens…..
Firstly, her tail is too short! Really, it is! I believe I have a viable option for lengthening this. It will require the amputation of her fin…. This is a painless procedure (for her anyway! Lol!) That is OK however because the second issue I have is the shape of her fin, which I have decided I don’t like. I have a more sophisticated and streamlined shape in mind, which I’m confident will mesh much better with the rest of her overall style. I’ve also got some great accessory ideas!
I’ll be back and forth a bit over the next couple of weeks so my blogging will be somewhat more sporadic than usual :o) But I’ll keep y’all posted!