I’m continuing on with the case and I’m excited to share the progress!
I finally found a good use for all of the pennies I have kicking around! They’ll get paint all over them, but I don’t mind a bit 🙂
That’s me, painting away….
The pennies helped to keep my stencil close to the case, but there was still overspray, which I had expected some of anyway.
A little hand touch painting will take care of that.
Much better, but still needs just a little more 🙂
Okay the side stencils! Wow they were a job and a half to cut out. A marathon cutting session and many blades later, I was ready to mask off the top and bottom and get to work painting the sides. It’s difficult to get the stencil to stay connected to the case especially since the lid is slightly bigger (of course) than the case itself and the dancing skeletons have to match lid to case. But hey I like a challenge, so…..
I’ve used sewing elastic, paper and much tape to mask the parts of the case I’m not painting and also the hardware that the stencil goes right over.
No doubt, a marathon of touch up hand painting is about to ensue….
The silk has arrived for the interior, so I’ll talk about the rest of the painting and the inside work next time.
Enjoy your day and thanks for reading 🙂
Tags: awsumgal, custom case, custom painting, dancing skeletons, desperately seeking susan, dss, madonna, skeleton case, skeletons, Skull Case, skulls
Posted in desperately seeking susan, madonna, OOAK, Skull Case, Uncategorized 2 Comments »