I have reached the finish line here 🙂 I can hardly believe it, but the case is complete. It’s quietly curing it’s varnish in the corner even as we speak…
The “little bit of hand painting and touch up” I made reference to last time turned out to be something hard to stop lol! Just a little more here, just a little more there, then back over here and ….
My partner and I used to call that the plaster rule. Back when we were drywalling and plastering our first fixer upper, we often found that days and days could be lost in the swirling time-suck vortex of plastering, sanding, plastering, sanding with benefits versus effort diminishing everyday – but I digress 🙂
At any rate, I was finally pleased with the paint.
I put the grosgrain ribbon loop tie-ins and sewed them to the original anchors and I made sure the lining and the backing were well adhered to the inside of the case all the way around. Thank you, straight up lowly clothes pins! I touched up and then gloss varnished the handle.
The whole case was then treated to several coats of spray varnish all over 🙂 And ba Bam, It was all over!
So, without further ado, here is the finished project….
And once more with the tiny dolly version…
Once more with a dolly 🙂
Hope you’ve enjoyed reading along with this project! Next up will be a Janet Jackson concert outfit for a 17″ doll with loads of detail I can sink my teeth into!
If you like what I do, you can subscribe to this blog at the very bottom of the page, visit my Etsy shop, support me on Patreon and for more on LuxDolls (my very own resin dolls) please like LuxDolls on Facebook
Happy Saturday, thanks for reading!
Tags: awsumgal, Custom Paint, custom painted case, dancing skeletons, desperately seeking susan, dss, madonna, OOAK, Skull Case
Posted in desperately seeking susan, OOAK, Restorations, Skull Case 5 Comments »