That’s it she’s finished and off to her new home. When I last posted, I was in the near stages of completion with just a lot of little details to complete. I had to finish off the belt and then attach it to her, finish off the gloves, add varnish to her heels and belt buckle, perfect her hair and add her hood, and of course add the bat logo to her her costume!
Here’s a little bit of the gloves. Firstly, because I’m using a silk that likes to fray and dissipate to nothing with just the slightest hint of a breeze, (but it’s the perfect colour!) it needs to be handled carefully. The gloves are miniscule! I’m using a fusible interfacing to stabilize the silk. I’ve pressed it to the silk before cutting.
I’d just like to make a side note about the fabric colours throughout the blog posts for this project. The fabrics I’m using have optical dyes in them. The colour of both the silk and the sparkly unitard fabric are both a lovely grape-y purple. When photographed with flash these both appear navy blue. I’ve tried to colour correct throughout, but some shots are better than others….
I did as much as possible with machine, but the rest will need to done on doll 🙂
You can see even with careful and minimal handling, this silk still wants to fly apart! Now that the gloves are completely hand sewn onto the the forearms, the fabric is never coming apart!
After all that, it was time for a final photo shoot. I give you Batgirl!
Looks like Batgirl is striding off to keep Batman out of trouble, or more likely, require saving 😉
Hope you enjoyed coming along with me while I whipped up this girl! Thanks so much for reading 🙂